Thursday, March 25, 2010

Where Are You?

Written by | Edit this Post

Topics:

If you ask someone for directions, but lie about where you, the directions will do you no good. I've had this problem. I've wanted to get to a better place spiritually, but didn't want anyone to know where I was starting from. I've wanted to get to a better place in my relationships, but didn't want anyone to know how wounded I was relationally. I've wanted to be in a better place financially, but didn't want anyone to know just how bad things were with my finances.

I think a lot of people have this problem. It's hard to admit where we really are in life. And it's sad that so few of us have someone in our lives with whom we can be transparent; to whom we can confess who we really are. We have lots of excuses for not having that kind of person in our lives with whom we can share so openly. But the truth is that we really just don't want to come clean. We're embarrassed about some of the places we've been.

I get lied to all the time when people are telling me about their life. The people who are covering up the truth think they're protecting themselves. The truth is their keeping someone who cares from being able to give them good directions. If you ask someone to help you on your life journey, make sure you're honest about where you are.

0 comments For This Post I'd Love to Hear Yours!

Leave a Comment Here's Your Chance to Be Heard!